Dealing with public transport interruptions can be very frustrating for commuters, workers and tourists. Public transport interruptions can have several causes: among the most common there certainly are strikes, power failures on metro lines, malfunctions and construction works.
Even if most of the time all of these factors can’t be controlled, the good news is that there are still some ways to prevent and handle public transport interruptions inside the city.
Here are all the tips you can follow to plan your journeys and make sure you can travel even in the case of strikes or breakdowns.
Tips to avoid public transport interruptions
It often happens in big cities to get stuck because of a public transport strike. There are some strategies that can help you to handle at best public transport interruptions:
- Transfer planning, with special attention to unforeseen events
- Checking news about strikes and breakdowns online
- Always having a plan B for your transfers
Let’s take a look at them together.
Transfer planning is very useful to avoid any inconvenience and mobility interruptions. A good solution is to always have a look at apps like Google maps, which show you the shortest (and alternative) ways to get to your destination. Strikes are often called on a short notice, as are breakdowns: that’s why it is important to study the route also by using local public transport apps.
Checking news online
To simplify the planning of your trip, it is always good to check online news before your transfers. Some public transport companies have social profiles on which they interact with users in real time, to give news about metro lines or buses: these channels let you immediately know about changes in routes, closures and breakdowns.
Always having a plan B
Having a plan B for every transfer helps you plan your trips better. But what does it actually mean? Our advice is to have at least one alternative to public transport for every transfer that you have to plan for, even within the same city.
If you know in advance that there will be a strike on the days in which you’ll be traveling to a new city, you can plan in advance and choose other safe means of transport like the Chauffeur service. You can book your Chauffeur car service well in advance and it’ll be guaranteed in case of protests, strikes, and breakdowns of public transport.
Which are the alternative services to public transport?
In addition to the “classic” walking or cycling, which are possible for short distances, there are two different ways to replace public transport: taxi and Chauffeur-driven cars.
Taxis are one of the alternatives to scheduled public transport (buses, trains, subways). To access a taxi you will have to go to the designated taxi ranks inside the city, and get on board. Every taxi is equipped with a taximeter to calculate the cost of the ride. The price of the taxi is therefore influenced by the time it takes to reach the place of arrival and by the mileage.
Taxis are an option for short journeys within the city, but you have to take into account that very often, in case of strikes, you could find long lines on the taxi ranks.
Another interesting solution in case of public service interruption are Chauffeur-driven cars. The Chauffeur service allows you to rent a car and a private driver who will handle for you the entire route. It’ll be the driver’s task to pick you up at the arrival point (for example your hotel, the station, the airport) and to plan an ideal itinerary to drive you to your destination.
Chauffeur service advantages
Choosing the Chauffeur service to replace public transport interruptions offers several benefits to your transfers:
- Comfort. The Chauffeur service has premium top quality cars that are thought to guarantee the highest levels of comfort to the passengers. LimoLane, for example, allows you to choose cars of different sizes or even vans in the case of larger groups of people
- Booking flexibility. You can book your Chauffeur-driven car even several weeks in advance, this will help you to improve the planning of your trip. You’ll be able to book your car up to one hour before your arrival
- Punctuality. Your driver will guarantee you the maximum punctuality, this is especially useful for business meetings. If you arrive by plane and need to transfer, your driver will monitor the arrival times of your flight to ensure his presence even in the case of flight delays
- Fixed price. Unlike taxis, Chauffeur-driven cars don’t have a taximeter: the price of the transfer is fixed and does not vary according to the amount of traffic. In addition to this, with full transparency, you’ll know how much renting your Chauffeur-driven car costs from the moment of booking
- The simplicity of transfers. By Chauffeur-driven car you’ll be able to reach those places that are typically more difficult to reach, like congress and exhibition centers or locations outside the city
If you want to anticipate any possible inconvenience related to the interruption of the public service, start by booking your Chauffeur-driven car with LimoLane.