If you’re planning a trip to Liguria and you want to spend some days in one of Italy’s most picturesque towns, you’ll surely want to know how to get to Portofino.
Portofino is a small town of about 400 residents, it is located near Genoa. What makes this town so special are the picturesque landscapes and pastel-coloured buildings, which hug the pier full of boats and fishing vessels.
That’s why Portofino is a popular destination for anyone who wants to experience a unique holiday in the heart of Cinque Terre. But how do you get to Portofino and what are the options for arriving near the town?
How to reach Portofino: means of transport
You can reach Portofino with different means of transport. Not all of them, however, can offer you the same level of comfort and reliability.
More specifically, you can reach Portofino with scheduled public transports like:
You can also reach Portofino with non-scheduled means of transports:
- Chauffeur-driven car
How to reach Portofino by train
One of the ways to reach Portofino is by train. However, the train does not exactly stop in Portofino, but in a bordering location, Santa Margherita Ligure.
The train departs from Genoa Brignole Station and it can be a Fast Regional train or an Inter City train.
Once you get to Santa Margherita Ligure, you need to take other means of transport to get to Portofino: among the scheduled ones there are buses; among the non-scheduled ones there are taxis and Chauffeur-driven cars.
Another alternative solution is to get there on foot, but the location is about 4-5 km (3 miles) from the station and it could be really hard if you have luggages with you.
How to get to Portofino by bus
You can also reach Portofino by bus. There are buses that leave from the Santa Margherita Ligure train station, or tourist buses that leave from cities like Genoa and have in their itinerary Portofino.
How to get to Portofino by airplane
If you’re coming from farther places and you’re planning a trip to Portofino, you have to know that the town is pretty quickly reachable from Genoa’s airport.
Genoa’s airport is the closest one to Portofino: about 40 km (25 miles). Once you reach the airport you can go to Portofino:
- By taking one of the available buses
- By taxi
- By Chauffeur-driven car, you can book it in advance even for less “conventional” hours, for example if your plane lands late at night.
How to reach Portofino by boat
Another way to arrive in Portofino is by boat. Boats are operated by Golfo Paradiso company and are available only during certain months of the year (March-October).
How to reach Portofino by taxi
Among the-non scheduled public transports, you can also reach Portofino by taxi. Taxis can be taken from different locations: for example, you can take the taxi from Genoa’s airport, from the center of Genoa, or from the train station.
How to arrive in Portofino by car with a Chauffeur service
Chauffeur-driven cars are the most comfortable and quick option to arrive in Portofino. By choosing the Chauffeur service, you’ll have at your disposal a quality and premium vehicle, and a driver who will handle for you the whole journey.
In addition to that, you can book your Chauffeur service in advance: you’ll be able to choose your car and program the departure and arrival times weeks before your trip.
Why choose the Chauffeur service to get to Portofino
Portofino is one of Liguria’s most beautiful towns. If you want to get there with utmost comfort and stress-free, the Chauffeur-driven car is the ideal option.
Unlike other means of transport, going to Portofino by Chauffeur-driven car will allow you to:
- Travel without worries. You’ll be able to choose the best vehicle for your needs and an experienced driver who is punctual and ready to accompany you in all of your transfers
- Book your Chauffeur-driven car in advance. If you’re planning a trip to Cinque Terre you’ll be able to book your Chauffeur-driven car in advance avoiding the long lines for a taxi
- Have the certainty of a car that will be waiting for you at the airport. Our drivers will monitor your flight in real time and they will be waiting for you at the airport even in case of delays
- Get around with utmost comfort and privacy. If you’re organizing an upscale holiday in Portofino, you’ll have at your disposal a private driver and a representative car for all of your transfers
- Travel even at night. Unlike those means of transport that have fixed hours, with the Chauffeur-driven car you’ll be the one to set the time of your transfers, even during the night
- Know about the prices in advance. Unlike taxis, Chauffeur-driven cars do not have taximeters, the cost of the ride is fixed: no unpleasant surprises in case of traffic or delays
Book your Chauffeur-driven car and find out how to visit Portofino
If you want to travel while enjoying the top levels of comfort, the Chauffeur service car is the perfect solution for your transfers.
With LimoLane’s Chauffeur service you’ll be able to choose a premium vehicle and a driver that will manage your transfer.
If you want to avoid the risk of not finding available seats on trains, if you don’t want to travel by public transports and you’re looking for an elegant and comfortable option, start by booking your Chauffeur-driven car with LimoLane.