If you are planning to spend a few days in the French capital, you will certainly find it useful to know how to get to Disneyland Paris and the different ways to go to the park.
Disneyland Paris is a true symbol of the Ville Lumiere: anyone who comes to Paris for a holiday or a city tour thinks of visiting the Disney theme parks, which are the most visited in Europe.
The park complex is divided into two distinct areas: Disneyland Park and Walt Disney Studios Park, which also includes an area with restaurants, shops and cinemas called Disney Village, a golf course and a series of hotels.
If you want to get to Disneyland Paris, there are several useful means of transport to get to the park, but not all of them offer the same level of comfort and privacy.
Where is Disneyland Paris located?
Disneyland Paris is located in Marne-la-Vallée, an urban area in the Île-de-France region. Specifically, it is located about 32 kilometres east of Paris, in the eastern part of the city.
Its location, not too far from the French capital, makes the park easily accessible from Paris by various means of transport, with a fairly agile timetable.
Disneyland Paris can be visited for one or more days, depending on the ticket you buy and, of course, your itinerary. So you can decide to come to Paris just for the park (and stay overnight), or you can travel from Paris to Disneyland Paris for one or more days.
How to get to Disneyland Paris: transportation
There are several ways to get to Disneyland Paris, both by public transport and by private car.
Your choice of transport will depend on your starting point, your needs and the level of privacy and comfort you wish to enjoy during your journey.
Speaking of public transport, you can reach the Park by public transport:
- By plane
- By train
- By bus or shuttle
Speaking of non-scheduled public transport, Disneyland can be reached by
- By taxi
- By car hire with driver.
How to get to Disneyland Paris by plane
Disneyland Paris can be reached by plane from the two main airports in Paris: Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport (CDG) or Paris Orly Airport (ORY). Depending on where you are flying from, you can book a direct flight to either airport and then head directly to the park.
How to get to Disneyland Paris from Charles De Gaulle Airport
If you plan to land at Charles De Gaulle airport, there are several ways to get to Disneyland:
- Magical Shuttle. From Charles de Gaulle Airport, the Magical Shuttle is a direct shuttle service to Disneyland Paris;
- RER and TGV. If you prefer to travel by train, you can get to Disneyland Paris by train. From the airport, take the RER B to “Châtelet – Les Halles” and then change to the RER A to “Marne-la-Vallée – Chessy”, which is the station for Disneyland Paris;
- If you prefer to travel in comfort, you can opt for a private transfer with a chauffeur. A driver will be waiting for you at the terminal to take you to Disneyland in a luxury car.
How to get to Disneyland Paris from Orly airport
If you arrive at Orly airport, you can choose between:
- Orlyval and RER. From Orly airport, take the Orlyval (an automatic train) to ‘Antony’ station. From Antony, take the RER B in the direction of “Aéroport Charles de Gaulle” and get off at “Châtelet – Les Halles”. Then take the RER A in the direction of “Marne-la-Vallée – Chessy”;
- By bus. There are several private companies that run shuttles between Orly Airport and Disneyland, or you can take the Magical Shuttle;
- Again, if you want to travel in comfort and avoid disruption to public transport, you can hire a car with driver.
How to get to Disneyland Paris by train
If you’re coming to Disneyland Paris by train, you’ll need to get to Paris first.
The main railway station in Paris is Gare du Nord. From here, you’ll find a train that will take you to Disneyland, which is about 35 kilometres from the city.
To get to Paris, you can take a plane or a train if you are coming from cities like London or Brussels.
From Gare du Nord station, you can take the RER (Réseau Express Régional) line A in the direction of “Marne-la-Vallée – Chessy”, which is the closest station to Disneyland Paris.
How to get to Disneyland by bus
Europe’s most popular theme park can also be reached by bus. There are several options:
- The Magical Shuttle, which is the shuttle directly to Disneyland and is operated by the park itself. The shuttle departs from the two main airports in Paris and arrives directly at Disneyland. Shuttle prices may vary depending on the route. The shuttle is free for children under the age of two;
- Private buses. There are many companies that run shuttles to and from Disneyland.
How to get to Disneyland by taxi
Disneyland can also be reached by taxi. Taxis can be taken from any of the taxi stations in Paris. However, the availability of taxis is not always great, especially during the high season. Waiting times can be long.
How to get to Disneyland with a chauffeur driven car hire
If you are planning a trip to Paris and are looking for a comfortable and reliable way to get to Disneyland, a chauffeur driven car hire is the ideal option for you.
With a chauffeur-driven car hire, you will have a private driver who speaks your language and will manage every aspect of your itinerary for you. You can choose the car that best suits your needs and enjoy a luxurious transfer without the hassle of waiting.
The transfer can depart from anywhere in Paris or the surrounding area at a time that suits you.
Why hire a chauffeur to go to Disneyland?
If you are looking for a superior travel experience, LimoLane Chauffeur Hire is the solution for getting around Paris.
We successfully manage airport transfers, leisure travel and business trips in Paris, assisting managers, tourists and VIPs on every journey.
Here are the benefits of hiring a chauffeur:
- You can manage every journey to and from Disneyland with maximum flexibility, in premium cars, with a choice of vehicles to suit every need. Our fleet includes sedans or minivans, depending on your needs and the number of passengers;
- You won’t have to wait for public transport or be inconvenienced by possible disruptions to public transport;
- You will have a private driver who speaks your language and who will manage every step of your journey for you;
- You will be able to book your transfer in advance, up to one hour before departure, so that you can manage any transfer from Paris. In addition, if you are departing directly from the airport, your driver will be waiting for you at the terminal;
- The cost is always fixed: there are no meters or nasty surprises at the end of the trip.
If you want to travel in comfort, choose LimoLane: start here.