If you are looking for an escape from the English capital, you will find it useful to know how to get to Brighton from London.
Brighton is one of the most popular places to visit near London. Its pebble beaches, lively streets and trendy clubs attract tourists and residents alike. For all these reasons, Brighton is also known as “London’s beach”.
If you want to get to Brighton, there are a variety of means of transport to choose from, ranging from scheduled public transport such as buses and trains to non-scheduled public transport such as car hire with driver.
Let’s take a look at how to get from London to Brighton and the best ways to get to the English coast.
Where is Brighton?
Brighton is a seaside town situated approximately 55 miles (87 kilometres) from London. Its proximity to the capital makes it easy to get to Brighton during the day for a few hours on the charming pier or on the beach.
How to get to Brighton from London
There are a number of ways to get to Brighton from London. Each solution may suit your specific needs, especially considering your starting point.
Specifically, Brighton can be reached by:
- By bus
- By car
- Car Hire with Driver
How to get to Brighton by train
One of the best ways to get to Brighton is by train from London. There are trains to Brighton from Victoria Station every 25-30 minutes.
The average journey time is one hour and costs around £18-20.
From Clapham South, south London, Brighton can be reached in about 50 minutes for a similar price.
In terms of frequency, there are generally around 134 direct trains between London and Brighton on weekdays. At weekends there are around a hundred departures.
How to reach Brighton by bus
Brighton can also be reached by bus from central London. The bus is the cheapest way to get to Brighton, costing around £6. You can leave from the terminal at Vauxhall Park and travel to Brighton.
Buses are operated by National Express and run every two hours. However, the average journey time is quite long: the bus takes around two hours to reach your destination.
How to get to Brighton by car
Brighton is fairly easy to get to by private car. The distance may vary depending on where you are starting from, but there are three main routes:
- The A23, which mainly links London to Brighton
- The M23, which runs from south of Hooley in Surrey to Pease Pottage, south of Crawley in West Sussex.
- The M25, which almost completely surrounds London.
To park your car, there are designated car parks in Brighton, with prices depending on the operator and location.
How to get to Brighton from London Airports
If you are flying into London and planning to visit Brighton for business or pleasure, there are several ways to get to the seaside destination from the different airports.
- If you land at Heathrow. There are no direct trains from Heathrow to Brighton. You will need to travel into the city centre and get to Paddington Station. Once there, you will need to take the tube and get off 6 stops later at Victoria Station. From there there are direct trains to Brighton. Alternatively, you can take a chauffeur driven car from Heathrow to Brighton;
- If you land at Gatwick. The journey to Brighton from Gatwick is shorter than from Heathrow. You can take a train such as the Gatwick Express or the cheaper Thameslink. Again, a private driver can make your journey quicker and more comfortable;
- If you land at Stansted. In this case, as with Heathrow, you will first need to travel into central London and arrive at Victoria Station. Alternatively, you can book a private transfer from the airport;
- If you land at Luton. There is a Thameslink train service from Luton Airport to Brighton, which takes approximately two hours. For a more luxurious and carefree journey, you can hire a chauffeur driven car.
How to get to Brighton with a Chauffeur Hire
If you are looking for a comfortable and luxurious way to get around Brighton then a Chauffeur Hire is the ideal solution for you. You will have a private chauffeur at your disposal who will take care of every aspect of your itinerary.
Booking a chauffeur driven car is easy: all you need to do is select a departure and arrival location. You then select the vehicle that best suits your needs and confirm your booking. Unlike taxis, prices for chauffeur driven hire cars are fixed and you will know them from the moment you book.
Why choose a chauffeur driven car hire to Brighton?
Chauffeur driven car hire is a reliable and safe way to travel from London to Brighton and vice versa.
LimoLane provides an excellent chauffeur driven car hire service for an unforgettable travel experience.
We successfully manage airport transfers, leisure travel and business trips in London, assisting executives, tourists and VIPs on every journey.
Here are the benefits of chauffeur driven car hire:
- You can manage all your journeys to and from Brighton with the utmost flexibility, in premium cars, with a choice of vehicles to suit every need. Our fleet includes sedans or minivans, depending on your specific needs and number of passengers;
- You won’t have to wait for public transport and you won’t have to deal with the inconvenience of public transport disruption;
- You will have a private driver who speaks your language and will manage every step of your journey for you;
- You can book your transfer in advance, up to an hour before departure, so you can manage any transfer from London. Plus, if you are departing directly from the airport, your driver will be waiting for you at the terminal;
- The cost is always fixed: there are no meters or nasty surprises at the end of the trip.
If you want to travel in comfort, choose LimoLane: start here.